Tiny House Wanderlust how to guide for wind turbines and the Editors’ Choice Award for Tiny House Wind Power goes to Missouri Wind and Solar. The 1600 Watt 11 Blade Missouri Raider Wind Turbine is a perfect solution for a tiny house wind turbine installation.
Installing a wind generator is not a weekend project for the first time do it yourself-er. You must do your research, plan carefully and thoroughly consider the possible reactions to every decision you make.
This is too large for a tiny home installation but it clearly addresses many of the engineering issues every installation will face. Something to note is that one of the biggest issues is raising, then securing a pole strong enough to withstand the weight of the wind generator in high winds.
Here is a smaller more practical, start to finish wind generator installation for your tiny home.
- Hot dipped galvanized wind turbine tail and mounting bracket for a 50 year finish
- Zinc plated hub – won’t rust
- No painting necessary!
- Up to 1600 Watts of output. No cogging with a cut in speed of just 6 MPH!
- Features our Freedom PMG in aluminum casing
Wind Turbine Features:
New Freedom PMG™ for efficient three phase power generation.
3 phase bridge rectifier for converting to DC output.
Heavy duty hub spacer/stabilizer.
PMG mounting bracket and heavy duty Stars & Stripes wind turbine tail
Mounting Bracket fits on 1.5″ schedule #40 or #80 pipe.
Comes with 11 gray or black Raptor™ carbon fiber composite blades.
Aerodynamically tapered blades for maximum output.
Makes 59″ to 62″ swept area.
Overall length from blades to tail is 43″
No slip rings to fail or replace. Simple and effective, the turbine uses a wire tension system which will last a lifetime. The single power transmission cord never twists because the wind never spins the turbine around in the same direction hundreds of times. Typically, the wind only comes from two directions. It has yet to be an issue with any one of the thousands of turbines we have distributed.
Freedom PMG™ Features:
NO COGGING – Cut in wind speed of 6 MPH
17 mm Stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs
Polished aluminum case
Zinc plated 14 magnet rotor and skewed stator core
Specifically designed for wind turbines. Fits delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket.
Freedom PMG Specifications:
3/8″ Diameter bolt holes 1 15/16″ on center between mounting holes
5 7/8″ OD Width 6 5/16″ Tall
Why buy a Freedom PMG over a Delco car alternator PMA? Each Freedom PMG rotor contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA – more copper equals more power!
You will need a Wind / Solar charge controller capable of handling 48 volts, something like this one
- 3000W wind rated input, suits 48V wind turbine generator
- Operation parameters can be set on LCD display
- Wind turbine brake current:63A
- PWM stepless dumpload, MPPT and RS232 available
- Intelligent temperature control, temperature self-detection for fan cooling, battery over charge, over discharge protection
The wind/solar hybrid controller is the control device which can control wind turbine and solar panel
at the same time and transform wind and solar energy into electricity then stores to the battery bank
3KW TECHNICAL PARAMETERS
- Rated Battery Voltage 48V
- Rated Wind Turbine Input Power 3kW
- Maximum Wind Turbine Input Power 4.5 kW
- Wind Turbine Brake Current 63 A
- Rated Solar Input Power 0.9 kW
- Floating Charging Voltage 58V
- Dimension (L x W x H) 442×525×172 mm
- Net Weight 15 kg
- Display Mode LCD
- Display Mode Fan
- Protection Level IP20（Indoor)
- Quiescent Current ≤20 mA
Battery over charge; Battery over discharge; solar reverse charge protection
anti-reverse-connection protection; wind turbine over rotate speed protection
wind turbine over wind speed protection; wind turbine over voltage protection
wind turbine over current protection; manual brake protection automatically brake protection; lightning protection