Installing recessed lights in a tiny house is the same as a regular house if you are installing, “Ultra-Thin Low Profile Recessed LED Lighting”.
Part of going tiny is making a smaller carbon footprint, the best way to do this is to install only highly efficient lighting. The up front cost is much higher, but the investment pays off substantially in a very short time.
Here are some averages and facts about LED lights versus regular lights
- LED cost 8 times as much – LED lights last 25 times longer
- Regular Lights use 6 times the power of LED lights
- LED lights are a fraction of the size (in a tiny house space is at a premium)
- LED wiring cost dramatically less if you use 12 volt LEDs
- Using regular home lighting 14-gauge wire all lights inside and out of your tiny home could be on one circuit. (1800 watts)
Converting from regular lights to LED – diagrams below use LED lights with standard bulb sockets