Dickinson Marine takes our second place choice for wood burning heat for Tiny Houses
The Kimberly is our first place choice mainly because it has a surface used for cooking or accessories. If Dickinson Marine would combined the wood burning design with the Alaska Diesel Floor Heater it would be a better contender against the Kimberly.
Dickinson Marine Newport Solid Fuel Heater – Tiny House Wood Burning Stove
The Newport Solid Fuel Heater is a small stainless steel solid fuel heater designed for casual use ideal for boats 20-25ft. This heater burns one to two 1” thick wood or presto log, a handful of charcoal briquettes or coal. Removable ash drawer and damper control.
- Requires 3” diameter chimney parts.
- Minimum 4ft of chimney is required, a 6ft straight run with no elbows work best.
- Chimneys 6ft or longer we highly recommend a barometric damper.
- Permanent fresh air vent needed in area of the unit.
- Decorative laser cut door.
- Creates a dry heat to dry out moisture inside the vessel.
- Removable ash drawer for easy cleaning & damper control.
Width: 7.88″ – Height: 14.7″ – Depth: 10″ – Weight: 15 lbs
Heat Output (aprox): Low: 3000 BTU – High: 8000 BTU